Thursday, June 18, 2009

Foreign DC Ads

sg
sg
sg
New Ads! Courtesy my pal Rogerio Baldino, who has provided TreasuryComics.com with loads of info and graphics on foreign editions of treasury editions, come these three super-cool ads for Shazam!, Superman vs. Muhammad Ali, and Superman vs. Wonder Woman!

Here's what Rogerio had to say about them:

"The first one is a B&W ad for the Superman Vs. Wonder Woman treasury from the inside pages of ANO 2000 (the Brazilian name for the British magazine 2000 A.D.). The sentence bellow says: 'The fight you never thought you would see!'

The second is a beautifull color ad for the Superman Vs. Muhammad Ali treasury! It was also released in the backcover of
ANO 2000. It just confirms my theory that EBAL used to put a DC ad in all its line of comic books and magazines (no matter if it was Marvel or 2000 A.D.).

After all their reading customers would buy all their line of comics.Right? Certainly yes...


By the way:The warning sentence says: 'The Fight of the Century!' (and it certainly was...)


The third one is the best of all: a beautifull color ad for the Shazam! treasury I took from the back cover of a EBAL's Superman comic book. I thought that EBAL just released a B&W version of this beauty, but I was wrong. I think it is the most beautiful ad from EBAL ever!!
"


I absolutely love seeing stuff like this, and I'd never get the chance if not for dedicated fans like Rogerio. Thanks pal, and keep 'em coming!


No comments: